WBSI is a Seaport-NxG Prime Contract Holder
NAVSEA started the Seaport contract vehicle in 2001 to maximize savings in procuring Professional Support Services (PSS). At the time, NAVSEA had hundreds of separate PSS contracts supporting its requirements. Seaport-e started with a few dozen prime contractors but opened the field to a few thousand prime contractors. While the administrative costs to manage all of those contractors increased, if the surge in contractors increased the competitiveness of proposals, NAVSEA might have accepted those management costs. However, that increased competition on task orders didn’t happen.
The Navy has made several changes between SeaPort-Enhanced (SeaPort-e) and SeaPort NxG in an effort to increase competition among vendors and decrease administrative costs. What’s new in NxG compared to SeaPort-e?
- Single NAICS with direct ordering authority for 8(a)
- Removal of Zone Presence Requirements – All MAC holders will get all zones
- Consolidation of functional areas
- Off-Ramp process (as well as an On-Ramp process)
- Relevant past performance, as either prime or sub, in support of the Navy in order to win a spot on the MAC–Limit vendor entry to those that will bid on work to increase quality competition and reduce administration costs
- Mandatory Gov’t User compliance with CONOPS to increase standardization and reduce cycle time
NAVSEA estimates the government will procure $5B worth of services annually through SeaPort-NxG, which contains a five-year base period of performance and a five-year ordering period option.
In June 2018, the U.S. Navy awarded a multiple-award contract to Web Business Solutions, Inc. under Seaport-NxG. The support service contract for all phases of weapon systems acquisition and life-cycle support includes the areas of research and development, prototyping, acquisitions logistics, modeling, test and evaluation trials, and engineering. The contract provides service support for the Naval Sea Systems Command, Naval Air Systems Command, Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command, Naval Supply Systems Command, Military Sealift Command, Strategic Systems Programs, and the United States Marine Corps.
|Contract Type:||Multiple Award Contract (MAC)|
|Sponsor:||Naval Surface Warfare Center|
|Agency Service Fee:||None|
|Engineering Solutions:||Engineer, Technical, and Programmatic Support Services|
|Contract Types:||Cost Plus Fixed Fee, Time & Material, Firm Fixed Price|
|Period of Performance:||June 2018 to June 2023 , Option June 2023 to June 2028|
|Payment Terms:||Net 30 days|
|Teaming:||Added per Task Order|
WBSI’s SeaPort-NxG Vehicle Manager
WBSI’s Contracts Manager