VMWare Instructor – Camp Pendleton, CA | Camp Lejeune, NC
The VMWare Instructor will be responsible for classroom and virtual delivery of VMware technical training as part of the VMware Education Services team. You will deliver and optimize core curriculum and augment instruction with hands-on activities in classroom and remote delivery models.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to quickly understand complex, technical concepts. In addition, the successful candidate will have strong analytical skills with an ability to identify needs, develop effective solutions, and manage through completion. The successful candidate will also be able to manage multiple timelines and contrasting priorities to ensure timely results.
- Provide world-class educational classes and programs to customers and partners using classroom, eLearning and other effective methods.
- Effectively manage training sessions, addressing any issues that arise and ensuring the class stays on track with the intended agenda.
- Maintain accurate records and communicate effectively with attendees before, during and after delivery.
- Provide necessary analytical training data as required and performs duties as necessary to meet team goals.
- Proactively stay current on VMware’s product portfolio.
- Participate in adoption of new methodologies, strategies, tools, training and processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Business, Communication or Technology.
- 7+ years relevant Information Technology industry experience.
- 5+ years specific technical instructor role experience, teaching highly technical material relating to virtualization, cloud, operating systems (Linux / Windows), networking & storage.
- Knowledge of enterprise-class hardware, operating systems, virtualization, networking, storage, client/server & cloud-scale applications, and cloud.
- Ability to write scripts, workflows, and simple programs.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects while maintaining short response and resolution times.
- Analytical problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work independently, use solid judgment and create “client-ready” deliverables.
- Ability to meet established deadlines and quality standards and to deliver fully on commitments.
- A superb communicator, both written and verbal, including strong professional presentation experience.
- Proven ability to work in dynamic work environments with limited supervision to deliver results.
- Ability to effectively communicate and demonstrate complex technical knowledge to audiences of various sizes.
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP) mandatory.
- VMware Certified Instructor (VCI) strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel